Business Corridor Development
In December we received the exciting news that we were awarded funding for a corridor development program. Thanks to our funding partners for the Neighborhood Assistance Program, Kinder Academy and M&T Bank, OCCCDA was able to launch the program in 2018. Program objectives include:
- Helping businesses apply for local grants and programs
- Coordinating neighborhood planning efforts
- Planning, hosting, and promoting events for business education, networking, and showcasing the corridors
- Surveying local business assets and interests
- Collecting and developing language-specific resources for English Language Learning business owners.
We are so glad to have been given this opportunity to support our neighbors in new and tangible ways! The relationships and projects undertaken during the first year will help determine the shape of the program moving forward. Our start-up grant will cover the cost of the program for the duration of the year. We are currently seeking out long-range grants to fund the program moving forward.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Economic Development program:
- Pray – Praying for the gainful employment opportunities in our neighborhood, for the relationships we are developing, for harmony in the neighborhood planning process, and for further funding sources for our new initiatives
We have many hopes for the future and look forward to expanding the program to include a Start-Up cohort program, as well as a business ambassador program for high school students. We are also looking to coordinate a street cleaning program, and assist with the development projects that arise from re-envisioning the neighborhood.
If interested in participating/partnering, please contact Andrea Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org